We have two identical ‘Mega Bunker’ pods available, Maalie and Shalder. Our future third pod will be named Tirrick. The pod names are Shetland dialect for the local bird species Fulmar, Oystercatcher and Arctic tern respectively.
Each pod has a double bed, bunk beds and a sofa bed, so can sleep a maximum of six making them ideal for families. They are however just as suitable for couples. The pods are fully insulated, which combined with underfloor heating and double glazed door and windows, ensures they are warm and cosy all year round. The pods also contain a spacious shower room, a well-equipped kitchenette as well as a living/dining space.
*By booking your stay with us you agree to our terms & conditions.
- Underfloor heating
- 32” smart freeview television
- Free superfast wi-fi
- Electrical sockets and USB points
- Integrated Bluetooth speakers
- Full size double bed with luxury memory foam mattress, a set of bunk beds and a full size double sofa bed
- All bedding and towels provided
- En-suite facilities including toilet, vanity sink unit, electric shower and heated towel rail
- Kitchenette featuring sink, 2-ring induction hob, combi oven/microwave, fridge/freezer, kettle, toaster and cafetiere
- Dining table and four folding chairs
- Frying pan, pots, baking tray, all utensils, crockery, cutlery, mugs and glasses
- Complementary selection pack including tea, coffee, hot chocolate, juice, milk, sugar and biscuits
- Washing up liquid, hand soap, toilet paper and kitchen roll
- Underbed storage
- Compact travel cots and folding highchairs available as extras at booking
- Each pod has its own private chipped area out front with picnic table
- Firepit available as an extra at booking
- Outdoor boot box
- Outdoor tap with hose fitted to the rear of each pod (handy for cleaning sandy beachwear, wetsuits etc.)
- Clothes line (for drying beachwear, etc.)
- One parking space per pod
- Children’s play area
Safety & Security:
- Strictly no smoking or vaping inside the pods
- Each pod is fitted with a smoke alarm and is equipped with fire extinguisher, fire blanket and a first aid kit
- Our standard nightly rate is £110 per pod per night during peak season (1st April to 31st October, festive period and Lerwick Up Helly Aa week), reduced to £90 per night at all other times.
- An automatic 10% discount will be applied at booking for 4, 5 and 6 night stays whilst 7+ night stays will benefit from a 15% discount.
- We operate a minimum 2-night stay as standard to help keep changeovers manageable.
- However, as bookings are made, we recognise that 1-night gaps will appear in the booking calendar. Whilst 1-night stays cannot be booked online, if you identify a single night sandwiched between bookings where a pod is available, and you wish to book a stay for that night, please contact us and we will try to accommodate you. Please note however that 1-night stays will not be offered when there is space for a 2-night stay.
Our Site Map